Apr 5, 2009

Wake Up Call

I have finally decided to write down my feelings for the past few months.

Indeed, JC life is completely different from the past two years. It is more tiring, more exciting and actually I feel more contented than ever. I can finally get away from those subjects that I didn’t like and had no passion with. Although I’d say, some subjects were insightful, such as MI. Just forget about the teacher, this course itself has some real substance that worth to think about. I liked the way when we did Logic, and the way to debate on a moral dilemma. It was inspiring and I really felt that I had improved my thinking processes through this course.

Now in junior college, I don’t have to take MI anymore. I am purely a science student. I used to confuse, and actually I still do, that what do I really like and feel passionate about. I am shortsighted. I am. I cannot see my future. But I am aware enough that I have to do well in jc life. Go US, go UK is not just a dream. I really got inspired by my senior batch which graduated last year. They really have done a fantastic job. And I did see the hard work, the sweat and now the fruit. I used to think that even if I pour myself into hard work, I could not get something in return. Those big examples from the social elites are just too faraway. Now that I see people around me are getting what they want through diligence, and I should slack no more, that I really need to fight for something. Currently I have set myself a goal. I told someone that it would be worth fighting for. So now I’m gonna put up a good fight.

Watch out.

I am arrogant. China’s education system cultivated me. I had never failed before. That’s why I lost my sight more than once after I came to Singapore. My roommate is a nice girl. She said something when I cried after hanging the phone up on my parents. “At least you have faith in yourself.” I shall never forget this.

Through the past two years and until now, I found I had never known myself better than this moment. I know I can do it. It’s not too late to begin. And it will end perfectly.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com